iOS 15 was officially introduced at WWDC21 today and it brings a slew of new features, including Offline Siri, Focus, Live Text, new iMessage and FaceTime features, and more.
Unlike iOS 13, which dropped support for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 15 is compatible with all the same devices as iOS 14. This means that if you currently have iOS 14 installed on your iPhone/iPod touch or you are able to install iOS 14, you’ll be able to install iOS 15 when it arrives this Fall.
You can find out what model iPhone or iPod touch you have by navigating to Settings > General > About and you’ll see your iPhone model under “Model Name”. If your iPhone’s model name is on the list below, you’ll be able to install iOS 15 when it releases to the public.
- iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12
- iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
- iPhone SE (1st Generation)
- iPod touch (7th Generation)
Have an iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, or Mac? Click below to see if your devices are compatible with their new upcoming OS updates: