iPadOS 15 was officially introduced at WWDC21 today and it brings a slew of new features, including SplitView with Shelf, Tagging in Notes, QuickNote, and more.
iPadOS 15 is compatible with all the same devices as iPadOS 14, which means that most devices will be able to upgrade to iPadOS 15 when it releases this Fall.
You can find out what model iPad you have by navigating to Settings > General > About and you’ll see your iPhone model under “Model Name”. If your iPhone’s model name is on the list below, you’ll be able to install iPadOS 15 when it releases to the public.
Compatible iPad Models:
iPad Pro (All iPad Pro models are compatible)
- iPad Pro 12.9” (All Generations are compatible)
- iPad Pro 11” (All Generations are compatible)
- iPad Pro 10.5”
- iPad Pro 9.7”
- iPad (8th Generation)
- iPad (7th Generation)
- iPad (6th Generation)
- iPad (5th Generation)
- iPad mini (5th Generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (4th Generation)
- iPad Air (3rd Generation)
- iPad Air 2
Have an iPhone, Apple Watch, Apple TV, or Mac? Click below to see if your devices are compatible with their new upcoming OS updates:
- Click here to see which Macs are compatible with macOS Monterey
- Click here to see which iPhones are compatible with iOS 15
- Click here to see which Apple Watches are compatible with watchOS 8
- Click here to see which Apple TVs are compatible with tvOS 15