Apple have released iOS 13.6 to all iPhone and iPod touch devices capable of running iOS 13. This is likely to be one of the final updates for iOS 13 before the official release of iOS 14 this Fall.
What’s new in iOS 13.6:
- Apple have introduced CarKey, a new feature that allows you to store the key to your car within the Wallet app
- Apple News+ Audio, a new feature inside Apple News+ that brings curated audio news stories to you
- New data types are available in HealthKit to track symptoms including headaches, chills, sore throat, and more
CarKey is compatible with the 2021 BMW 5-Series, although there is no official release date for this vehicle.
iOS 13.6 is available now and is compatible with all of the same models currently running any other version of iOS 13. You can find out what model iPhone or iPod touch you have by navigating to Settings > General > About and you’ll see you iPhone model under “Model Name”.
- iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max and iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
- iPhone SE (1st Generation)
- iPod touch (7th Generation)
You can install iOS 13.6 by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update and clicking the “Download and Install” button or by connecting your iPhone or iPod touch to a computer and installing the update via iTunes.