Apple have released iOS 13.5 beta 3 to all beta devices currently enrolled in the Apple Developer program.
What’s new in iOS 13.5 beta 3:
- iOS 13.5 beta 3, previously labelled by Apple as iOS 13.4.5 beta 3, includes the new COVID-19 Contact Tracing API, which is officially launching everyone sometime in May.
- Fixes the bug that was occurring in the Mail app on iOS, which allowed remote hackers to infect a user’s device.
- Fixes the bug that occurs in the Mail app, which allowed remote hackers to run code on the device.
iOS 13.4.5 was relabelled as iOS 13.5 beta 3 because the new contact tracing API was built using a 13.5 SDK (Software Development Kit), which resulted in Apple having to change the build version of the update.
iOS 13.5 beta 3 is available now and is compatible with all of the same models currently running any other version of iOS 13. You can find out what model iPhone or iPod touch you have by navigating to Settings > General > About and you’ll see you iPhone model under “Model Name”.
- iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max and iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
- iPhone SE (1st Generation)
- iPod touch (7th Generation)
You can install iOS 13.5 beta 3 by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update and clicking the “Download and Install” button or by connecting your iPhone or iPod touch to a computer and installing the update via iTunes.
If we find anything new or changed inside this update, we’ll update the article.